2011年8月2日火曜日

見てー

Ok so...the above title may not look annoying to you at first, or look like it's meant to be said in a whining, drawn out tone, but trust me; it is.

It reads: "Miteー" but sounds like

"MITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH"

at least it does whenever I'm at work. It means "look!", and my kids have a habit of, during arts/crafty time, to storm up to me, shoving their creation in my face and going, "先生! 見てー" (Sensei! Miteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!). This quickly escalates into everyone looking up, grabbing the nearest thing to them (whether it be something they actually made or not) and crowding around me going "Miteeeeeeeeeehhhhhh! Miteeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhh! MITEEEEEEEEEHHH!" until I collapse on the floor, in tears--

Or, when they feel like being precious angels, just sit like this until I come around and praise them :)
On a similar vein, whenever I'm helping them with Montesstori things, or whenever someone is demonstrating how to make something (last week they made Kaleidoscopes, for example) one little kid will say, in a rather sad, small voice, "できない..." dekinai; I can't do it. :( and at first I get all sad and run over and encourage them to keep going, until I get hit with a rousing chorus of  "できない! できない! Dekinai! Dekinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai!" Mostly by kids who have literally not picked up anything or tried to do anything. not one thing. Some of them hit me with a できない! Before any instructions have actually been given. And it's like....SERIOUSLY, BRO???

Or, they raise their hands and smile, telling me that they did it, and then pose for a picture and drop the smile entirely. Typical.


Ok, last one; I have to go eat breakfast. But whenever I read to them, or they're being shown a video, or whateverthehell, you'll always get a kid going "見えない!" mienai; I can't see! And, granted, some times this is actually the case, and I apologize and shift my reading pose or move them closer to the TV, etc. I'm sure you know where this is going.

I shit you not, during the sleepover when the kids were shown an old home video of them during their first year at the Kindergarten putting on a little play, the TV was put up on the stage, and all the kids were on the floor. LITERALLY, THIS IS DESIGNED SO WHEREVER YOU ARE SITTING, WHEREVER, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE BECAUSE THE TV IS ON A RAISED SURFACE AND YOU ARE UNDERNEATH IT AND ONE KID STARTED WITH THE MIENAI AND THEN EVERYONE FOLLOWED, IN INCREASINGLY LOUD VOLUMES AND THEN I HAD HAD ENOUGH AND JUMPED OUT THE WINDO--



Who, me? Annoying? ^_______^ never.


The moral of this post; you cannot profess to working around children/loving them everyday without admitting that; they're kids, and a lot of the time, they're annoying. This applies on all continents. They're still my little munchkins, though. 

9 hours a day. 9 hours a day with them. Pray for me.



先生ホリー

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿